|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|Provide oversight and leadership to a team of 7 Accountants
Provide all the necessary financial information that the Client require and to take responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information.
To work closely with the Controllers / Fleet Manager / Fleet Cell to ensure that the vessel operating costs are understood and variances against budget are explained
Drive the further process and system improvements to the new Accounting/ERP software ShipSure
1. Manage monthly, quarterly and year-end Accounting close process for all vessels
2. Ensure that all Client records under supervision are maintained in accordance with the established accounting policies and procedures including the regular review of general ledgers and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
3. Manage the annual financial audit for 42 vessel entities and the consolidated financial statements with the group auditors.
4. Manage the further process and system improvements to the new Accounting/ERP software ShipSure
5. Monitoring of working practices and suggesting how efficiencies can be introduced to the processes involved in producing the vessel accounts.
6. Manage the Cash transaction for all vessels.
7. Ensure tax compliance together with tax advisors
8. Manage and provide support to 7 team members
Preferable, you hold a degree in Accounting and Finance and have a minimum of 7 years working experience within Finance. You have a strong knowledge of accounting standards (HGB, IFRS and consolidation) and experience within the shipping industry is an advantage. You have good system knowledge and have a good understanding of business processes and the ability to drive process improvements.
Multi-Skilled (ability to complete tasks with minimum of supervision), management skills, commitment, interpersonal skills, capacity to motivate, teamwork, enthusiasm and good English communication skills
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|