|At V.Group, our ambition is to drive the transformation of our industry and to be the leading global provider of marine support services.. Our values (The 5 C’s – We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver) are at the heart of everything we do and describe how we work and the promises that we make to our customers and each other. We only succeed if we are enabling our customers to be successful - we aim to be a standard setter, shaping the future. We aim to work as one global team, easy to do business with and providing a consistently high level of service. We are always interested to speak with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service for customers, whether external or internal.|
|The Planning Manager will have overall responsibility for all planning activities for vessels assigned ensuring that each vessel is:
1) Manned with qualified, certificated and medically fit seafarers in accordance with national and international requirements
2) Appropriately manned in order to encompass all aspects of maintaining safe operations on board; and,
3) Adequately and competently manned within a prescribed budget in accordance with applicable ship management/crew management agreement and requirements
The Planning Manager will also ensure delivery of effective and efficient crewing service to all stakeholders.
|1. Responsible for the vessels’ rotation planning of all ranks irrespective of the nationality to the customer (internal or external) in case of Full and Crew Management Business.
2. Gets the rotation plan from the planning engine with predefined set of planning criteria such as, but not limited to, cost-effectivity, quality, closed pool, etc.
3. Contact with Sr. Officers to ensure that the rotation plan is as realistic as possible and ready for briefing/de-briefing.
4. Contact with customer to approve positions, to report and explain crew analytics (RR, Leavers etc.)
5. Managing the crewing staff to undertake the crew management of all officers, ratings and trainees for the fleet. Overview and monitor the seafarer recruitment processes, ensuring full compliance with VMS.
6. Overview and monitor the behavioural and operational performance of seafarers and play an active part in the development of their careers by utilising the information in Appraisals, Seafarer Development Checklists and Personal Training Record Books. Recommend training needs for improvement requirements on the appraisals and ensure that identified training is carried out by coordinating with the Training Manager for implementation of any training needs and/or recommendation of seagoing personnel. Follow up with the vessel’s masters as required, for any training required to be completed onboard as per the training matrix.
7. Ensures effective coordination with Regional Marine Operations Offices (Crew) and Third Party Crewing Agencies supplying seafarers to the fleet.
8. Ensures implementation of procedures in an emergency.
9. Ensures crew planning is effective in order to manage the seafarer pool in accordance with VMS procedures, agreed terms & conditions of employment and specified experience and training/qualification matrices; advising the Master Planner of any deficiencies or concerns.
10. Monitor vessel manning levels ensuring full compliance with relevant international and Flag State legislation, Union agreements ensuring, in consultation with the Master Planner, the levels are compatible with the vessel's maintenance needs, trading patterns and owner requirements.
11. Provide support and guidance on crew welfare matters.
12. Assist in the preparation of crew budgets and ensures adherence budget adheres to effective cost control.
13. Effectively carry out pre-engagement briefing of all seafarers in line with Marine Operations and Fleet Manager requirements and conduct seafarer de-briefing, advising the Master Planner regarding all significant feedback.
14. In liaison and collaboration with the Master Planner, schedule and provide input to Crew Seminars.
15. In liaison and collaboration with the Master Planner, identify and visit vessels with crew related concerns.
16. Promotes the development of professional working relationships with crewing staff, the Fleet team and individual seafarers.
17. Develop both professionally and personally direct reports by carrying out meaningful and timely performance appraisals and reviews. This includes the identification of training & development requirements to the line manager for agreement and inclusion in the Office training plan.
|• Bachelor’s Degree in Maritime, Transportation and Logistics Operation, Business Administration or related fields
• Knowledge of terminal operation, vessel characteristics, stowage and stability
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizing skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• Strong customer service mindset and solution-oriented
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships across all organizational levels.
• Previous relevant experience working in the Crew department of a marine management company is desirable.
• Knowledge of Marine Operations Support and Maritime Services
• Experience in port operation planning, cargo controlling or dispatching or shipping line and logistics company
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|