|Senior Operations Manager|
|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|To achieve the targeted crew victualing rates established with clients and ensure that victualing service provided meets/exceeds client expectations.
To provide administered vessels with the necessary catering materials and supportive services in order to achieve consistent levels of victualing service within the given budgetary guidelines and as per client agreements.
To oversee the Operations department and provide all staff with the necessary support and guidance in order to achieve the Company goals and objectives.
To assist both Company staff and clients swiftly and promptly with information or other supportive services that may be requested.
|1. To plan, as necessary, the activities of the office.
2. To plan vacation / leave scheduling of colleagues, and manpower requirements in the office.
3. To assess, plan and recommend staffing levels required to carry out the assignments of the office.
4. To ensure that the appropriate training of colleagues is undertaken.
5. To assist in the preparation of financial budgets, forecasts and estimates, as required by the Head of Operations.
6. To assist in the development and implementation of victualing standards, policies and procedures.
7. To handle a specific number of vessels and assist others when required.
8. To oversee special catering projects such as offshore, remote side catering, cruise vessels, etc.
9. To monitor operating budgets.
10. To monitor quality of victualing services delivered onboard and ensure that these meet/exceed client and crew’s expectations.
11. To communicate inter-office issues as required.
12. To communicate with clients on issues pertaining to the provided service.
13. To assist in the control of activities (as per company guidelines) in case of incidents or emergencies.
14. Any other appropriate role-related duties as indicated by Management.
|University degree in Maritime, Hospitality or Business Administration.
Work experience in an Operations Manager role within the shipping or cruise industry.
Experience in developing and implementing operational procedures and manuals.
Experience with development and implementation of operational budgets.
Experience in preparation of tenders and negotiations with food and beverage suppliers.
Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff teams with willingness and ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
Sound understanding of finance with good analytical skills.
Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and Accounting systems.
The highest personal integrity standards.
A positive outlook and be a self-motivated team leader.
A very good command of the English language, both written and oral.
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|
|13 Nov 2020|