|Assistant Systems Developer|
|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|In coordination with the Systems Developer, the Assistant Systems Developer is responsible for the development and implementation of various OCL peripheral systems and 3rd party interfaces with various external systems, following the development cycle and reporting structures as per Group policies and ISD.|
|1. Discuss the company’s requirements and, together with the Systems Developer, propose solutions
2. Use development tools to write and test code to develop these solutions
3. Write documentation and operating manuals
4. Test and modify systems to ensure that they operate reliably
5. Provide user training and support
6. Respond to feedback
7. Fault finding, diagnosis and bug fixing
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science
• Minimum development experience (newly graduate)
• Good understanding of business processes and existing systems within scope of the project.
• Confident communicator, willing to take a leading role in improving the business.
• Excellent team working skills: able to solve problems collaboratively.
• Structured, methodical approach.
• Experience of working on similar projects in the past an advantage.
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|
|05 Feb 2020|