|Assistant Fleet Superintendent|
|As a global leader in ship management and marine services, we add value to a vessel’s operations. Operating around the clock and around the world, V.Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent. We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.|
|To support the Fleet Cell and in particular Fleet Manager / Fleet Superintendents by ensuring that all technical records, reports and analyses of fleet operations are properly maintained and readily available.
To deputise for Fleet Superintendents in their absence, including responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of assigned ships and to work as a member of the Ship Management Team, including senior ships staff, operating to Company procedures and best ship management practices whilst giving absolute regard to safety of life at sea and protection of the environment at all times.
|• To act as the “back-up” to the Fleet Superintendent under the guidance of the Fleet Superintendent and under the coordination of the Fleet Manager. In the absence of the Fleet Superintendent, this can involve monitoring the vessel on a day to day basis to ensure operational continuity.
• To assist in the development of the vessel’s annual budget, as well as the preparation and review of client specific financial reporting, in conjunction with Fleet Superintendents and the Procurement function.
• To assist in preparation and updating of daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly reports, under guidance of Fleet Superintendent / Fleet Manager.
• To receive, collate and review all reports received from the vessels and ensure that any discrepancies or abnormalities within the reports are brought to the attention of the Fleet Superintendent or Fleet Manager in a timely manner.
• To assist the Fleet Superintendent in maintaining an accurate and up to date record of vessel certificates, survey status and documentation. Assist Fleet Supt / Fleet Manager in taking necessary action to obtain renewals or extensions as required to maintain validity going forward.
• Ensure that all copies of statutory, SOLAS and equipment certificates and their expiry dates are correctly entered in vessel certificate module in Shipsure.
• To assist fleet technical superintended in monitoring and record keeping of vessel spare part inventory and ensure that it is kept up to date.
• Monitor purchasing and where necessary, provide support to fleet superintendent for the assigned vessels.
• Provide assistance as requested in any contingency operations, and assist in establishing the root cause of any incident and/or accident investigation. Take part in any follow-up review of lessons learned.
• Any other duties required by Fleet Manager.
AS EXPERIENCE DEVELOPS THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS WILL ALSO APPLY:
• Plan, control and execute all activities connected with maintenance, repairs, dry-docking, conversion or modification of assigned vessels.
• Plan, control and execute all activities connected to class and flag state survey and certificate requirements and build and maintain effective liaison with relevant authorities.
• Work cooperatively with relevant members of the Fleet Cell to co-ordinate all information required for the preparation of the vessels’ running cost budget. Maintain strict control of all aspects of vessel expenditure, ensure vessel expenditure is accrued to vessel accounts, and take appropriate action to bring costs to budget level. Any potential unbudgeted expenditure must be flagged to the Fleet Manager without delay.
• 4. Monitor vessel performance trends including speed, fuel and lubricating oil consumptions, and implement timely remedial actions where these are outside agreed or expected parameters.
|Class 2 or Class 3 Engineer Or BSC Marine Mechanical/Marine/Electrical Engineering or Naval Architecture or equivalent recognised qualification
Experienced user of MS Office ,
Member of IMarEST or similar professional body is desirable.
Flexibility and ability to work with various relevant departments within the company.
Willing to travel and adapt to the demands of a 24/7/365 operation.
Ability to be self motivated
|V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.|